The Company currently has a vacancy for a Supply Chain Manager. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the successful candidate will maintain and manage the network of suppliers, distributors, service providers and vendors required to maintain the timeous and cost effective supply of plant, equipment, spares and materials to construction sites in African countries.
Key accountabilities for this role will include:
- The design and implementation of supply chains that support the business strategy and adapt to changing project locations, new business opportunities and cost reduction strategies.
- Implementing and managing customs legislation and import / export procedures in relevant African countries.
- Selecting transportation routes / methods to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Negotiating prices and terms with suppliers, vendors and freight forwarders.
- Implement and manage the defined Business Information System maintaining accurate and timely departmental reporting standards.
- Review and update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing policies, standards, regulations or laws.
- Develop local in country Supply Chain Staff and establish an appropriate localization and skills transfer plan.
- Ensure compliance of the Supply Chain function to the Teichmann Mission, Vision, Values and the HSEC Management standards.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of eight years’ experience in Supply Chain Management in the Mining / Construction industry including cross border work in Africa.
A tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management is required coupled to a proven track record of tender management, purchasing, warehousing and logistics.
We offer a competitive market related package.
Interested candidates meeting the selection criteria are welcome to forward their concise introductory letter and resume (max 2 MB) to: email@example.com